Monday, September 22, 2008
Its my holiday week and I am down with flu. What a way to start the holiday.
I was watching a show on arts central last night and I was brought to tears. We have done so much damage to our oceans. The fishes have been "haverested" in bunk just to feed our growing demand. We put in so much effort to conserve our land animals but what about the fishes? Will sharks fin ever be banned? Will sea turtles products cease to sold one day? Will people one day realise that we have done so much damage to the reefs? I really like what the show said ..
"Who will hear the fishes cry?"
As long as there is a demand, there will be a supply. It is not living creatures like tigers, lion or even sharks that are vicious. It is the humans that are the most deadly. At the rate we are going, we will wipe ourselves out one day.
Posted by jasmine at 10:29 AM