Friday, June 22, 2007

Its nice to be back here again. Nice to sit at my office desk, to look at the mess infront of me and wonder when I would ever pack it :P

I'm back here again, with something different. A new status. No I did not secertly get married over the weekend. I have a new job status pending...

To cut the long story short, I have gladly sold my soul over to the Singapore Government. They would be buying it for about 10 years and hopefully returning it to me by then. I got into teaching. Something that I have always dreamt about since I was in my O levels year. The funny thing is that I have not gotten the letter from MOE. My P called them to pester them about my interview status cos TPS needs a teacher desperately. And from the way it looks, I am going into the P4 Level. I am happy, very thankful to God, very thankful for all the prayers being uttered. I am finally given a chance to do what I love. Why then did I say 10 years? Well I calculated and that would be how long it would take for me to become a subject head or HOD (if God allows). I am not in this job just because its an iron rice bowl. I want to be damn good at what I do and I intend to make it to the top. I am not contented at just being a teacher, I want to go further. So I pledge to sell my soul to my job once my posting is settled. As it is , part of my soul is already sold off to my job.(alittle still remains) I'm a perfectionist. Its either I do something well or dont do it at all.

On a heavier note, I think I am feelin working blues or plainly just PMS (which is highly unlikely). My mind has been pre occupied in self pity and that sucks. I need school to start soon, I need better things to dwell on....

This little question just crossed my mind... "If you could give up anything to make yourself feel whole again, what would you give up?"

Posted by jasmine at 3:35 PM