Thursday, September 14, 2006

I have 15 mins before my meeting. Its been a hectic day. TAF club games, height and weight entry and now children's day planning..

So Sleepy. I figured the only way to keep myself awake is to blog. About what? I dont know. Maybe I'll talk about something random.

erm..
  1. The word "toast," meaning a wish of good health, started in ancient Rome, where a piece of toasted bread was dropped into wine.
  2. Did you know that the human body produces its own supply of alcohol naturally on a continous basis, 24 hours a day, seven days a week?
  3. Butterflies cannot fly is their body temp is below 86 degrees.
  4. The adult human brain is about 2% of the total body weight.
  5. The world record for time without sleep is 264 hours (11 days) by Randy Gardner in 1965.
  6. The eyes of the chameleon can move independently. Therefore, it can see in two different directions at the same time.
  7. Each eye of the dragonfly contains 30,000 lenses.
  8. The giant squid eye is 40 cm in diameter.
  9. The first human sex change took place in 1950 when Danish doctor Christian Hamburger operated on New Yorker George Jargensen, who became Christine Jargensen.
  10. The fear of failure is called kakorrhaphiophobia.

Posted by jasmine at 12:51 PM