Saturday, June 03, 2006

I'm back from the weekend "work/training trip". I am a little grateful that I am home, however, I feel very very overwhelmed. This weekend with my new colleauges really put alot of pressure on me. Althought I left feeling all equiped, I felt extremely stressed up. (That story in another blog k)

One thing I decided to take into practice would be this little thing I created to manage my problems/ unhappy situation:

Before doing the 3 steps, you have to psyche yourself first by mentally telling yourself this

"I have 2 choices now, either I get upset or slove this problem. So what do I want to do?"

Not always do I want to solve the problem. Some times I feel like whining first before being proactive. After I have decided to SOLVE the problem use the following steps:
1) Ask yourself why you are upset. (Be Honest here)
2) What are the possible solutions?
3) What can you do about it?

Yes, I know, TALK IS CHEAP. So here is my real life application to it....

1) Why am I upset?

2) What are the possible solutions?

3) What can I do about it?

I am in a situation now where my passion is at conflict with my time and respondsibilities. Screw lessons on weekends. Screw trainings on weekends. Screw my many pre existing commitments. I want to throw it all away to help this child. I really do, it means alot to me ....

Posted by jasmine at 8:50 PM