Monday, April 17, 2006

I just got back from relief teaching at Tao Nan. MAN I'M SHAG! Here is the misconception, relief teachers are baby sitters. I did nothing of that sort today. I had to conduct a 1 and a half hour english class for P1, followed by another 1 hours of maths for P1 , Maths and PE for P3 and maths again for P1. Madness la!.. The best part was that I was reliefing 2 ... yes 2!! .. teachers...

Anyway, amist all the noise and screaming children, this was the first time I did not get stupid questions thrown at me . I normally get questions like "Are you married?""Do you have a boyfriend?"" Do you still live with your parents?" "Have you had sex?" Yes they do ask such things. I had that in a Girls' School. (sheesh* N NO i was not teaching sex edu)

Anyway, here are some of the things I heard today:

#1
Student:" MRS Lim, MRS LIM"
Me:" No. Not MRS, MS, stop caling my mother"

#2
Student:" I drew 2 tigers, male and female, and I colored the female one a different color cos the females always younger than male"
Me:" Erm.. OK"

#3
Student" No, she (refering to another student) is not a WOMAN. Only my mother is a woman cos she is married"
Me:"..........."

#4
Me:" Sit down and read and stop making noise"
Student:" I dont want to sit and read. I want to draw"
Me:" WELL, you dont have a CHOICE! SIT!"

Haha* yes that was my day. An although I am all stinky and sweaty, the first things I hit was the computer.. I just had to document this !!! HahA*

Posted by jasmine at 6:46 PM