Tuesday, November 29, 2005
I love Christmas. Don't You?I was at Orchard Road last night and suddenly I felt christmas all over me. The warm feeling in my tummy, the tingling sensation on my skin, the cool breeze in the air and the awe I feel as the stand by the street looking at all the pretty lights. Christmas is the "bestest" time of the year, don't you think? Last night as I took a cab home, I was stunned by the beauty of the shiny light streaming down the trees. I sat in the taxi just staring out of the window. The sky looked like it was raining lights. It was so beautiful, so calming to the soul. I love Christmas. I always do and always will. Its not because I am christian and stuff but its more of the warm feeling I get spending an evening with people I care for. My family, my friends and my toys. Christmas to me is more than just a time to spread the gospel and the love of God, its a time when the Love of God is felt so strong within the family as we hurry about with the preparations and the arrangments. Christmas is just the feeling of love I get from everywhere.
It strange but somehow I don't get that feeling at Chinese New Year. Its just another festival for me, another public holiday, another vesek day, hari raya or deepavali. No significance. As a chinese, shouldn't I be more hyped up about Chinese New year? Strangly, I feel Chinese New Year is a time to pretend, a time to act happy just for the sake of ang bao. At Chinese New Year I see unfamilar faces, everyone is an "Aunty" or "Uncle" to me, Mr Manners have to follow me everywhere. So tiring. What I wouldn't give for a quiet Chinese New Year in the comfort of my home. (My ancestors are hating me now)
I guess my parents are a bigger fan of Chirstmas than Chinese New year, they never force us to go visiting at CNY but then again MR MANNERS tugs my heart string and I have to go. But as for Christmas, I'll do it willingly.
Did I tell you how much I LOVE christmas. Josh told me the other day"Christmas is so romantic, its sad to be alone on Christmas." I do agree but not fully. Maybe because I am attached to a super wonderful guy(getting bored of hearing that?) but Christmas was never a lonely affair for me. Being with familiar faces is enough to make my heart melt on Christmas. Last year Christmas was a heart wrenching affair. Nattie left for Canada. Thank God Rupen was there for me. But never the less not having Nattie ard brought a whole new meaning to Christmas. Last year I learnt some lessons that would never be replaced.Lessons on moving on with life and the importance of treasured friends. This year Nattie wouldnt be around too but I still have Rupen, my family and all my fuzzy friends.
I love Christmas! Don't U?
Posted by jasmine at 8:51 AM