Friday, October 07, 2005
Not all lawyers are mean. I was under the impress that those working on the same floor as me are monsters. Why? Because they don’t smile and they are always thinking.
In case you didn’t know I am working at Drew & Napier LLC. I’m in the litigation department and I am enjoying myself. There are some irritating adults but I seldom bump into them. My supervisor Mr Ronnie Lim, aka Uncle Ronnie, is a super big jovial guy. He maybe long winded but he is very nice to me. Threats me like his daughter. My unofficial mentor Nadzira is the best ! Ever so patient with me. The girl sitting in front of her, Su, is also very very nice. There is this lady called Erica, she’s weird. She do smile and stuff but she always seem so stressed. She is a PA to Adrian,(one of the lawyers).
Sharon, anyone of those I interact with everyday, is loud. But she is very motherly. She reminds me of my aunty Lucy. All the older ladies on my floor reminds me of my aunties. Well, I would be leaving this floor soon, on the 18th of Oct to be exact. I am going to Intellectual Property. The 24th floor. Sigh just when I was getting use to it. One of the things that I have finally gotten use to is Davinder Singh(DS) and Indranee Rajah walking around. In case you also didn’t know,both of them are MPs and the lawyers who have done cases like NKF, Andrew Kuan and many many big cases. (I can’t say much above the cases Legal Profession Act)
Anyway about DS, I see him everyday and he walks up and down the corridor. And it doesn’t help that my table faces the corridor. He has many “little” lawyers under him, I can only remember one of their names. Kabir Singh. Y? Cos he is a short cubby guy who keeps eating cheese popcorn. Haha. Then he has 2 other ladies, both also singhs. They are always giggling at each other. And no I do not think they are lesbians. They remind me of how me and nattie were. (not that we are singhs) One of them look abit like Nattie, just fairer. Then there is Justin Yip and Adeline Sim. They are the BESTEST. Super nice people. Always smiling. They are the only two lawyers who know I exist. They are so nice and young too. They are fresh grads out of NUS. :D
Working on the 19th floor is very pressurizing because there is some form of action always going on here. Andrew Kuan came last week. He’s a loser.
Flashback: He was one of the presidential candidates but he got kicked out because he was suspected of embezzlement. Now he is suing another MP for defamation and DS is representing that MP. The good thing about working in such a high profile law firm is that I get all the juicy national gossips and I get to see big shots. But.. I can’t tell anyone the contents :*(
Posted by jasmine at 4:17 PM