Thursday, October 13, 2005
Having finally been able to drag my sleepy body out of bed, I crawled to the shower. The journey to the shower is the toughest one every morning. It takes alot of will power and determination to desert the comforts of a warm comforter, soft pillow and smiling teddy bears, to enter into the cruel coldness of the morning. As I make my way to the shower, my whole body starts begging me to get back into bed. My mind starts coming up with a thousand and one excuse for not going to work today. But no, I will give in to pleadings of my mind. The warm water that comes from the shower provides me with the wake up call that I just need daily. The short 10 minutes in the showers refreshes me and gets me all geared up for my long day. I take my time to get dress and by the time I am ready for work, I would have to rush out of the house.
The train ride is often the most eventful time of my morning. I get to see the sleepy faces of people and I start wondering if I am the only one who suffers sliently like this daily. "Kallang.. Lavendar.. Bugis.."
and on and on the train goes. Everyday I hope that it would break down so that I would have a longer time to rest my tired eyes on the train as well as find an excuse to be late for work. Some how the Singapore Transport system seem to be able to read my mind and it refuses to give in to my childish pleads.By 8.50am I am already at Raffles, and so is the rest of the world. Everyone at the station seems to a a destination, everyone looks like a mindless zombie walking towards their grave. No excuse me, no sorrys, just shove shove shove. And when I finallu manage to struggle through the crowd, I find myself standing infront of a cafe, TCC, Starbucks or even Rocky Masters and every part of me screams COFFEE. Just what I need to start my day. So I get a cup of black coffee, surprisingly, sugar tastes particularly revolting in the morning. And I am on my way to my building.
The coffee wakes me up, the strong perfume smells send warning signals to my nose, signals that crys for fresh air. And so it is , I get into a crowded elevator, push my way out of that little cramp box and "beep", I scan my entry pass and here I am , at work, half asleep and still thinking of a thousand and one excuses on how to take a half day off.
Posted by jasmine at 8:06 AM