Friday, September 30, 2005

Would it be NICE?

I was having a shower this morning and as I was showering I was thinking. I normally use my bath time to enjoy the warm water as well as clear my head. It dawned on me during my shower that I do not know what I want out of life. It was like a revelation of some sort, a wake up call.

I’m a 19 year old who is studying Law and Management in Temasek Polytechnic. I have a family who loves me, friends who are “losers” and a magnificent boyfriend. I spent my weekends at church and I do things like every normal 19 year old would do. (at least that is what I think). So my life is going to go on, I will have to grad from Poly and get a job, get a degree and start a family. What’s new? Isn’t that a life of a typical Singaporean? Isn’t that life in the safe zone?

What if I graduate, instead of getting my degree I become an actress, see my name in tabloids, have paparazzis take photos of me having one off flings with famous stars, fake a marriage or two, get divorce a few times, adopt children from 3rd world countries, pose nude for “charity”, get a few tattoos along the way and then remove it, become an NMP at the end of my career.. Yeah wouldn’t that be … DIFFERENT?

I wonder what would the end result of my life be if I took that route. “HMMM…”

Nah! I should just stay the same, boring me, boring Singaporean girl who listens to the government, good citizen, filial daughter and good girlfriend.
The ideal model of a Singaporean, an “asset” to society.

Isn’t that what we are all suppose to be?

Posted by jasmine at 10:53 AM