Thursday, September 22, 2005

The Vicious Working World
Its been hardly a week in the concrete jungle and I have came face to face with the most deadly of all creatures. They are violent, rash and deadly. They attack without warning. They prowl the jungle looking for a helpless prey and when they attack, there would be nothing left of that little victim.. This vicious creature is called ... ADULTS. Yes, adults.
During the feeding hour, they swamp around in groups, pushing and hitting unsuspecting victims. They jam corridors and walk ways and they hog tables. They mark their terriory by placing a pack of tissue. The weaker ones will stand and watch the strong ones feed. The strong will never give into the weak. Soon the weaker ones will have to give in to hunger and take-away their food to their air conditioned "dens". The stronger ones will stare viciously at the weaker ones until they leave. They will gobble all there is on their plates and leave nothing behind.
For the weaker ones, feeding time is a torture. They will get shoved and pushed around and sometimes they get attacked by the strong ones.
For many, this is normal.But for me, it came as a shock. I often wonder how this certain spieces of humans get so rude.. OK this particular spiece is called Singaporean Adults. This particular spieces can be compared to the vulture or hyena. Deadly, extremely deadly. They push, fight and shove just to get fed. As a small little creature in this new enviroment, I get intimidated by this. Packs of those Singaporean Adults swamping over tables like hungry vultures. It seems that everyone who set foot into this concerete jungle evolve into some higher being. They come in a meek little lamb and leave a vicious cobra.. I don't want to become a vulture. I don't want to become a Singaporean Adult. But if I do not develop such traits, WILL I SURVIVE?

Posted by jasmine at 7:37 PM