Thursday, August 25, 2005
I read something in the papers today that left me utterly disgusted. "Do singaporean women dress the same?" Seriously, do we ? When I look at all the picture in the papers I can't help but realise the trend. Skipmy tops, folded jeans and midriff baring clothings. For a moment I thought I was looking at myslef in the papers. (yes it was that bad). All along I thought that Singaporeans had rahter causal dressing sense but as I was looking through the pictures, I wouldn't say our dress sense was causual, it was the more cannot-be-bothered look. With a rise in the number of people dressing up as pro nazi, punks and werid japanese dolls, it seems that wearing t-shirt and jeans or skimpy tops and jeans are normal. Coming to think about it, its not normal, it boring. Dont get me wrong, I don't expect Singaporean women to dress up like they are going for catt walks everyday but at least put some effort in the things we wear. T-shirt and jeans is fine, but not everyday. Folded up jeans are cool but please add a belt or something else to it. And please, keep skipmy clothes to the minimum, baring too much isn't sexy. Its cheap.
I have a new resolution, its time I change my image.
Posted by jasmine at 11:40 AM