Monday, January 31, 2005

mIsErAbLe bUmMiE
sometimes i wonder which is worst.. to be handicap at birth or get injured and become a handicap when you are an adult... Even as I sit here and ponder about this question, I can't help but feel sorry for those who are handicap during their life time.
I just tore my ligament last thursday. It doesn't mean I would be handicap for life but I would not be able to move aroud properly for at least 2-4 weeks. After that I would still have to take care of my leg and wait for full recovery 3 months later.
Just 3 days in door and I have learnt that you should be grateful for our bodys. Ok, mine is just a minor injury but imagine what if it had been worst, what if I became paralyse for life (ok thats going over board). I would never be able to experience the feeling of wind in my hair or climbing to the top of a rock wall or even the feeling of water hitting against my skin. Every moment of my life would be pure agony. When I think about the countless possibilities of me now being able to do the things I really enjoy, I am suddenly filled with this overwheleming sense of grattitude. What am I grateful for? .. Simple.. I am grateful cos I only torn my ligament, grateful cos I have people around me who really care and are more than willing to help me, grateful for the fact that I am still fine. Yes i do agree I am one hell of the stubborn person. The more I am told not to do something I would. Although this accident happened during rock climbing, I will not stop climbing. Why? It would be more exciting and challenging if I am able to do it again. My whole body is dying to go for a jog or even a swim. Its such irony. When I am perfectly fine I find all excuse to not exercise.The moment I get handicap, I want to exercise.

Posted by jasmine at 6:08 PM