Thursday, September 30, 2004

One body Many parts
1 Cor 12:12-13
12 The body is a unit, though it is made up of many parts; abd though all its part are many, they form one body. So it is with Christ. 13 For we were all babptised by one Spirit into one body- whether Jews or Greeks, slave or free- and we were all given the one Spirit to drink.


The body is one unit. Indeed, this is something that we often over look. As Singaporeans living in a society where everything is provided for, we often take of granted the fact that the goverment can function as one unit. When I say one unit, I do not refer to everyone loving one and another per se, holding hands and singing. I refer to minimum arugments and childish squabbles between memebers of the unit. A professional outlook or every given project or task.

Its very difficult as humans to avoid this and we tend to fall into the caterogy. From personal exprience, I dare say that in my faculty alone, the professional attitude is lacking. Coming from a law faculty, I would expect much more. I remeber one bad experience with one of my group mates. Apparently she felt that 2 of the groups members were bad mouthing her and staring at her fun. So in the middle of the project she decided to quit. It was only 2 weeks more to deadline. You can imagine how f**king pissed I was. Where is the professionalism here? She is a 22 year old girl and she behaves like a primary school ah lian. I dare say even children know better. I thought this was the end of this but when I look back at the events that have happened in my life I have only 6 words. "Why can we all f*cking work together?" Its every where, in school, at the work place and even in church !! I do agree that we are humans and we tend to have such problems. But i believe if we took the extra effort we can avoid all this squabbles. Wouldn't life be better? If we seperate work and emotions wouldn't working be easier.

Here is something which I have learnt over the years, hate the attitude of the person not the person, fliter out what is work and never mix work with emotions. This way, much more work can be done. A good team would be one that can seperate work and emotions. Tell the person his/ her mistakes pertaining to work not his/her character. This way, I am sure alot more things can be done.


Posted by jasmine at 8:42 PM